Thursday, February 15, 2018

Angel in the Kitchen


Dad had just passed away.  Mumsie was standing in the kitchen weeping into the sudsy water of the sink as she washed the dishes.  She was filled with sadness and dark despair.

As she tells it, "I was in the kitchen doing the dishes, when suddenly I heard a HUGE voice saying my name, "EVA!"  

 I whirled around to see a giant angel standing behind me.  He wore orange and deep grey robes.  On his head was a helmet and in his hands he held a great sword.  He was enormous, at least twelve feet tall.  

"When I looked up into his eyes, he smiled a sweet, crooked smile.  Then he faded from my eyes.  Fear flew away and my heart was suddenly peaceful.  I knew that angel had been sent by God to strengthen me in my time of sorrow.  I am so thankful for God's gift of comfort."

Sometimes we are allowed to see those whom God has sent to watch over us.  When we are given that opportunity, it is a moment of unspeakable joy and surprise!

Dear Friends, no matter what terrible burden, or unmanageable situation you are facing just now, you are not alone.

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. 
~ Psalm 34:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment